Fulbright Student Applicants
Visit the U.S. Fulbright Student Program website to learn about the various grant options and selection criteria. Current SDSU students must follow the campus application process. SDSU alumni that have graduated in the last three years should also apply through SDSU. Contact the campus Fulbright adviser for more information.
Applications including all supporting materials are be submitted in September for grants beginning the following August. Applicants sit for a campus interview and are then given time to amend their application. Final applications are submitted online to Fulbright in October. The U.S. Fulbright Committee forwards a list of recommendations to the respective host countries for further review, finalists are named in January. Winners are notified between April and June. The competition timeline is available on the Fulbright website.
- Be a U.S. citizen at the time of application
- Hold a B.A. degree (or equivalent) before the start date of your grant
- Graduating seniors, masters and doctoral students and recent graduates may apply
- Be in good health
- Have sufficient proficiency in the written and spoken language of the host country to communicate with the people and to carry out the proposed study
SDSU Application Process:
- Visit the U.S. Student Fulbright Program website and review SDSU resources.
- Attend an SDSU information workshop (recommended, not required)
- Make an appointment to meet with the Writing Center
- Submit online application and all supporting materials to Fulbright
- Campus interview (required)
- Submit final online application to Fulbright
September 12, 2016 Applications including all supporting materials must be submitted electronically to the Fulbright website by 12:00 P.M. PST
September 15-October 2, 2016 Campus Interviews
October 11, 2016 Final applications must be submitted online before 2:00 P.M. PST