Procedures for grant recipients
Step 1: Complete pre-departure paperwork
Step 2: Complete travel claim
Step 3: Submit travel report
Pre-departure: Required forms and approvals
1. We now use Adobe Echosign and will send the forms to you prior to departure. Do not complete paper forms.
- T2_OIP (containing OIP's account number)
- Foreign Travel Insurance (FTIP)
2. Sign up for direct deposit through Accounts Payable:
- This is a separate process from HR paychecks. Complete the form, attach voided check and hand deliver it to the Accounts Payable office (AD 116). Bring your Red ID, or photo identification, to verify that you are the employee requesting this service.
- All State funds will be consolidated to OIP. You will complete only one T2 and one travel claim per trip through OIP. This includes travel funds from your department or dean’s office.
- Working with CES? You will likely receive funds towards your travel. These funds will be transferred to OIP.
- It is important to inform OIP of all funding sources prior to departure so you can receive the maximum advance.
- Travelers may request an advance of up to 80% of the maximum funding available from all State sources. Request an advance on your T2. Advances are disbursed 30 days prior to departure, after it has completed the approval process. Turning in the T2 and FTIP early (5-6 weeks out) is the only way to guarantee a 30 day advance.
- Before you go, please review the section on reimbursable expenses and what receipts are needed for filing your travel claim.